*PhD Training Fellowships for Women Scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries *
The Fellowship is offered to women scientists from *Science and Technology Lagging Countries**(STLCs)*
undertake PhD research in the Natural, Engineering and InformationTechnology sciences at a host institute in the South.
The "South to South PhD Training" fellowships for Women Scientists from *Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs)*
to undertake PhD research in the Natural, Engineering and Information Technology sciences at a host institute in the South. The fellowships
are to be held at a centre of excellence in a developing country outside the applicant's own country.
Each fellowship will be offered for up to four years and will cover the following:
*The OWSD fellowship covers:*
* A monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals while in the host country
* A special allowance to attend international conferences during the period of the fellowship
* A return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
* Visa expenses
* Annual medical insurance contribution
* The opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, on a competitive basis
* Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute which is also expected to contribute
For details, please go to